Human tissues, blood, and other biospecimens are obtained from a large network of U.S. hospitals and clinics and several international sites. All samples are collected under stringent requirements for legal compliance with appropriate informed consent for commercial research.
- Normal and Disease Biospecimens ── fresh, snap frozen, and formalin fixed tissue samples from normal donors and most common diseases (e.g., cancers, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, Crohn’s) available from our biorepository and prospective collections
- Primary Cells ── normal tissues, blood cells, and tumors
- Blood Cells and Components ── purified blood cells (e.g., PBMCs, neutrophils, T and B cells), plasma, serum, leucopaks, whole blood
- Body Fluids ── cerebrospinal fluid, pleural fluid, ascites, urine
- Animal Tissues and Blood ── tissues and blood from common laboratory species also available
De-identified donor demographic data are available in all cases. Pathology reports and medical histories are often available for surgical samples. Gene and protein expression data are available for custom projects.
Custom Bioreagents such as membrane preparations, synaptosomes, proteins, lysates, RNA and DNA are available from human biospecimens. Likewise, ABS can prepare slides, tissue microarrays, and FDA tissue panels for target localization, antibody specificity, and other studies. Please inquire to design with us a project that is tailored to your specific needs.
ABS complies with ISBER and NCI Best Practices, and is ISO9001:2008 certified.